Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Trader Joe's Vegetable Masala Burger

I have dabbled into frozen vegetarian foods and have found I actually do enjoy them. Many veggie burgers give the illusion of a hamburger and since they are packed with flavor I really don't miss the beef or chicken when enjoying the meal. That's certainly the case with the Trader Joe's Vegetable Masala Burger.

I actually had never seen these at Trader Joe's before. After seeing a few fellow Weight Watcher members post their burgers on Instagram I decided I had to give them a try. So on my last trip to Trader Joe's I found the burgers without aproblem. I'm sure my oversight was more than likely me absently looking over them as I scanned the vegetarian burger section.

These particular veggie burgers are jam packed with diced up pieces of vegetables. They are flavored with indian spices, but it's a very mildly spiced burger - not overwhelming in the least. The burgers themselves are rather dense - they're not heavy as some veggie burgers can be. They're not loaded with soy and filler, it's almost a little airy, but that doesn't mean they're not satisfying because they are. You can tell these patties are chalk full of vegetables but in my opinion that made these far more enjoyable.

I've enjoyed these numerous times and found they are very versatile. I've had them on a multigrain slim with a squirt of ketchup and mustard with fresh tomato and I've also had a burger over a bed of salad. I think I enjoyed it the most over the salad because as you cut up the burger the burger bits kind of blend into the salad and just makes a really tasty treat. Although I do have plans to try these with a piece of garlic naan as my bread - I'm sure that'd make the flavor category soar through the roof and it would make it more of an Indian food night.

Each burger has 120 calories in it which is equal to 3 points plus values. Well worth it in my opinon.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the vegetable masala burgers?

1 comment:

  1. I have tried veggie patties in the past but I have not enjoyed them. I love Indian and Veggies, so maybe these will renew my faith in veggie patties. I like the idea of using naan as your bread. It just makes sense. I love Trader Joe's and will be going tomorrow. Maybe these will be in my basket.

    ReplyDelete