Thursday, August 15, 2013

Jif Whips Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate

I have heard and read about people raving about the new Jif Whips whipped peanut butter spreads, so I picked up the Whipped Peanut Butter & Chocolate. I admit, I’m not the biggest lover of peanut butter (I enjoy it in desserts, in candy, etc) but I’m not a stick a spoon in peanut butter and enjoy it type-a gal.  But my boyfriend and I do enjoy an occasional peanut butter (or cookie butter) and banana sandwich – so I figured chocolate peanut butter, how can you go wrong?

The texture is very light and airy, which is to be expected considered it’s whipped.  It’s not nearly as thick as regular peanut butter in a jar tends to be.  It’s smooth enough that it smoothes over bread like a breeze. Taste wise it’s definitely chocolate with an underlying peanut butter flavor to it. There isn’t quite another way to describe it other than saying it’s … delicious.  It is yummy on its own on bread/toast or with fruit (banana, strawberries and apples).

A serving is 2 tablespoons, which is 4 points plus values.  I do find that a 2 tablespoon serving is a little much for myself, so 1 tbsp is more than enough for me, which calculates out to be 2 points plus.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the new Jiff Whips?

No comments:

Post a Comment