Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Trader Joe’s Salt Water Taffy

This was a rather impulse buy from Trader Joe’s.  I am a huge fan of salt water taffy, but I’m a little picky about the brand. Usually I only get some when we’re at the beach and it’s being made inside the candy shop. This way I can get a few pieces and I’m on my way.  But when I saw this I had to get it, it was $2 I believe, or definitely under $3.

The five flavors listed on the package immediately sold me: Cherry, Strawberry Banana, Red Licorice, Sour Apple and Watermelon.  Some of my favorite flavors, plus a few I had never tried before.  The package states a serving size is 7 pieces, which in my opinion is far too many pieces to eat in one serving, let alone in one day.  Salt water taffy is very sweet for me … I have 2 pieces and I’m good for the day. Anymore than 2 pieces and I’m cringing at the sugar rush.

The taffy itself is firm enough that it doesn’t turn into a wad of sticky mush in the wrapper. Once removed from the wrapper, you can feel how soft it is and once you eat it, you can tell how fresh and chewy it actually is.  I quite enjoy it and typically find myself really only having one because they are terribly sweet, as all taffys are, but once in a while I will have 2 but I cannot have more than that.

A serving is 170 calories which is equal to 5 points plus values.  My usual serving of 1 or 2 is 1 points plus value. Not bad for a nice cure to the sweet tooth.

QUESTION:
Do you like salt water taffy?

No comments:

Post a Comment