Sunday, September 16, 2012

Oven “Fried” Mushrooms


I found this recipe on laaloosh.com (see here: http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/08/22/baked-breaded-mushrooms-recipe/) and decided to make them as a side dish to the hamburgers we were having for dinner.  Now my boyfriend doesn’t eat mushrooms so I made enough for two servings and I ate half a serving at dinner and the remaining serving as little snacks with my lunch/dinner the remaining 2 days.  I enjoy fried mushrooms (particularly with a side of marinara sauce) so I figured I’d give these a shot and I was surprised as how good they tasted!  The parmesan and garlic really help boost up the flavor category and it gives them a nice crunch, while the mushrooms get softer in texture (as it would if it were fried).   I did follow the recipe exactly as described so I can’t offer any tips on how to alter, but I will say if I were to make them again I’d be following the same directions.

QUESTION:
Do you like fried mushrooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment