Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Weight Watchers Chicken Burgers


I feel like it's been ages since Weight Watchers launched frozen chicken products in local grocery stores. I remember when they first launched I was excited to give them a try. I've since purchased a few packages of the Weight Watchers Chicken Burgers (note: these are now sold in resealable plastic zipper top bags). One afternoon I pulled the box out of the freezer and cooked the chicken burgers up as part of a quick "meal prep" to have some cooked protein on hand.
 
The packaging used to be in big bulky boxes, with an inner package containing the frozen chicken burgers/chicken strips. But I've seen slimmer packaging (like plastic bag containers) in the local grocery stores these days, which definitely makes storing a lot easier and less spacious.
 
The burgers are formed and ready to be cooked. I chose to cook them on top of the stove, seasoning one side with some hamburger seasoning. They cooked up easily and were quite satisfying. The chicken remained moist without drying out and were flavorful.  Adding a little ketchup, mustard, onion, lettuce and tomato to a sandwich I definitely didn't miss the beef. These were one of the better frozen chicken burgers I have tried out on the market. The best part is these are readily available in my area to be purchased, unlike some other brands.
 
Each chicken burger is 140 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment