Monday, July 8, 2013

Vanilla Chex



I go through phases with cereals where I eat cereal for weeks straight and then I abandon them for a while until the cycle returns.  Needless to say, I’ve been on a cereal kick, so the new cereal I wanted to try was a new release from Chex.  Vanilla Chex found their way into my shopping cart and I have to say, I’m really glad they did.

One of the great things is the cereal is packed with flavor in every bite AND it’s gluten free (for those gluten resistant folks).  The cereal is vanilla flavored, but it reminds me of vanilla frosted cake.  It’s great as a sweet snack on its own, or in a bowl with milk and fruit for breakfast.  I do find when eating with strawberries and banana with almond milk, it brings down the sweetness of the cereal and mutes the “vanilla cake” flavoring a bit.  It’s a very light and crispy cereal.  A ¾ cup serving is 3 points plus values.

There are a few other flavors available – the original Rice Chex, Chocolate Chex, Cinnamon Chex and Apple Cinnamon Chex.  I may have to dabble into some of the other flavors at some point.  Apple Cinnamon perhaps!

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the new flavored Chex cereals?

No comments:

Post a Comment