Sunday, September 8, 2013

Mamma Chia Chia Squeeze Vitality Snack – Strawberry Banana



When I roamed into Whole Foods I had a few items in mind that I wanted to try – one of those items was the Mamma Chia Chia Squeeze pouches.  I opted to go with the Strawberry Banana flavor because it’s typically a flavor combination I enjoy.

I admit I’ve been hesitant to try out chia seeds because I’m a texture person and I’ve heard they can be odd in texture depending on how you use them (in drinks, in food, etc.).  I figured since I’m a little more adventurous with new items in products I’m typically familiar with, I’d give these a go.  I’ve seen chia seed drinks, but was almost “scared” of the possible consistency… but I figured applesauce? Why not?

It does taste like strawberry banana apple sauce, but there are little chunky chia seeds all throughout it.  The texture is different … it’s a little “chunky” at first and was definitely something I had to get used to. It wasn’t overwhelming and I kept telling myself its chia seeds as I was drinking it down.  The benefits (chia, fruit, omega-3, fiber, protein, etc) were worth the try. I did enjoy it – it was a nice, different snack to have on the go.

A pouch is 70 calories and is only 1 points plus value.

QUESTION:
Have you ever ventured into the chia seed realm?

No comments:

Post a Comment