Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sriracha flavored Lay’s Potato Chips

Firstly, I will say I spotted these new limited edition Sriracha flavored Lay’s Potato Chips from across the supermarket.  My grocery chain had them on an end display aisles away from the potato chip section.  I only purchased these because I’ve developed an immense love for sriracha – to the point I put it on a lot of the things I eat (eggs, deli sandwiches, hamburgers, pizza, etc.)

I have been enjoying these as a snack, not with a sandwich or anything, but it would be a great addition to a sandwich that needs a little pep to its step.  Flavor wise I feel they do give the illusion of the fact you are eating sriracha chips.  If you break down the flavor layers, I would say there’s a bit of ketchup, hot sauce, garlic and a vinegary zing to them. They’re definitely unique and quite delicious.  I personally don’t find them to be scalding hot as some “hot” or “fire” labeled potato chips can be (such as Red Hots).  These are definitely spicy, but they’re not scalding your mouth and leaving you a fire breathing dragon hot.  They’ve got a nice spice element to them.  Great limited edition flavor, Lay’s!  My one request is that you make this a staple flavor in your line!

Weight Watchers Points Plus wise, 1 ounce of potato chips will run you 4 PPV’s.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the new limited edition Lay’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment