Sunday, November 23, 2014

Emily Bites Bubble Up Pizza Casserole

I have seen some of the recipes from the Emily Bites website all over Instagram. A few of them really peaked my interest - enough that I pinned them on Pinterest, picked up a few ingredients to have on hand and dropped them into my meal plans for the week. One of those was the Emily Bites Bubble Up Pizza Casserole.
 
Admitedly the first time I tried to make this recipe I was looking at the ingredients on pinterest (which weren't complete). I opted to use bisquik as a crust and it was a total fail. The next time I made it, I got the recipe off the website and it came out to be amazingly delicious. The dish is comforting, a dead ringer for pizza and a perfect meal to have alongside salad.
 
What I liked the most is that the recipe can be adapted to use any ingredients you enjoy on pizza. Add more vegetables, substitute veggies, add diced tomatoes, etc. It's versatile, just as your average pizza pie is.
 
I did mix up my pizza a little bit - opting to skip the olives (because I just couldn't find the can I thought I had), added peppers and onions.
 
The serving was generous, satisfying and a dish I'll undoubtedly make again. Plus it's only 319 calories or 8 points plus values.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment