Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chobani Limited Batch Pumpkin Spice Blended Greek Yogurt

Greek yogurt is my staple yogurt. It's a very rare occasion that I purchase plain yogurt (well outside of the occasional large container of regular plain yogurt to make overnight oats). Since I am a self proclaimed pumpkin lover ... when I spotted the Chobani Limited Batch Pumpkin Spice Blended Greek Yogurt I did not hesitate to purchase a container.
 
Initially I only saw these at Target and since then I've seen them at all of my local grocery stores. I saved the yogurt to have as a treat ... but unfortunately I was rather disappointed with it. Fall is my favorite season ... the weather, the comfort foods, the pumpkin everything. This Chobani Pumpkin Spice yogurt is very mild pumpkin ... and a whole lot of nutmeg. It's actually boldly, grossly overly nutmeggy.  Now I can handle abundant amounts of cinnamon ... but nutmeg is so overpowering that a little goes a long way ... and a lot is just all wrong. It got to the point while eating it that I couldn't taste the pumpkin unless I took small, small little bites trying to find the flavor in the background.
 
Truthfully ... this should have been sold as Nutmeg Blended Greek Yogurt because that's just about what you're truthfully buying.
 
Each container is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment