Monday, July 28, 2014

Lay's Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese Potato Chips

Earlier this year, Lay's was requesting their potato chip enthusiasts to submit potato chip flavors they'd like to enjoy with their Do Us A Flavor. I submitted a few myself but I was excited to see the flavor choices that were created. One of the two I purchased, I decided to try the Lay's Cheddar Bacon Mac & Cheese first.
 
Opening the bag you can really smell the smokey flavor that bacon would give off. Popping one in your mouth you can definitely taste the cheddar and a lingering smokey flavor. You don't necessarily taste bacon, but you are given the essence of smokey bacon in each bite.  The cheddar is there - sometime bolder on one chip over another, but if you're eating one after another it sort of mutes itself out and the smokey flavor is at the forefront.
 
I wouldn't say you get the effect of eating mac and cheese having these chips ... but they are definitely a cheddar bacon deliciousness. I do enjoy a good cheddar potato chip and this is perfect.  The chips were fresh and crunchy and there was an abundance of those perfectly folded rounded potato chips that I love so much.  The one downside ... these are terribly addicting.
 
Even though this is the first of the four flavors I tried ... this is definitely one of my favorite Lay's flavors and this will be getting my vote!
 
A serving is 1 oz (roughly 15 chips) which is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment